Published in 2022 December 9
ARLINGTON, Va. in 2022 Friday, December 16, 2022 On Dec. 16, the annual Wreaths Across America procession of handmade balsam wreaths will roll into Arlington County. trailers and numerous support vehicles that will arrive at the Cemetery at various times throughout the day.
On Saturday, December 17, several thousand volunteers will descend on the cemetery and help place wreaths on every grave site throughout the area, starting at 8 a.m. Traffic is expected to be affected in and around the immediate area, and motorists are advised to allow longer travel times and seek alternative routes to reduce road congestion.
The Arlington County Police Department and partner law enforcement agencies will close roadways and monitor traffic conditions to accommodate the event. Volunteers and the public should be aware of the following potential disruptions on Saturday, December 17:
Around 6:00 AM to 6:45 AM
- Northbound S. Eads St. between 15thth Street S. and 18th Street S.
From approximately 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m
- Marshall Drive, between N. Meade Street and Rt. 110, will be closed and limited to permitted traffic only.
- N. Meade Street will be closed starting the 14thth Street N to Marshall Drive – Local traffic only.
- Columbia Pike will be closed from S. Joyce Street to Rotary Road and will be restricted to authorized traffic only.
- Virginia State Police, United States Park Police, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall Police, George Washington Park, George Washington Park, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall and Pentagon Reserve will have additional I-395 closures. The Pentagon’s Force Protection Agency.
Other roads not listed may be temporarily closed at the discretion of law enforcement and for public safety reasons. Motorists are reminded that parking on Route 110 and Washington Boulevard is strictly prohibited. Any vehicle left unattended will be towed at the owner’s expense. Stopping or standing in the travel lanes to drop off or pick up passengers is also prohibited, and police officers will be patrolling 110th and Washington Boulevard for any traffic violations.
Arrival at Arlington National Cemetery
Participants are encouraged to use multimodal and public transportation to reduce traffic congestion. Special drop-off and pick-up areas have been established at the Hayes site at 880 Army Navy Drive in Pentagon City.
Volunteers and participants should visit the Arlington National Cemetery website for additional information.