With the January transfer window open in Europe, rumors abound about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, arrivals, departures and, of course, deals done!
TOP STORY: Villa turn to Henrique after rejecting Williams
Aston Villa after turning their attention to the young Brazilian talent Luiz Henrique after failing to sign the Athletic Club striker Nico Williamsaccording to the Daily Mail.
The report says Villa were prepared to trigger Williams’ £45m release clause at the Bilbao club, which would have eclipsed the £34.6m fee paid for the 2021 transfer of winger Emiliano Buendia from Norwich City.
Williams has emerged as one of Europe’s top talents and impressed at the 2022 World Cup with Spain, but the 20-year-old is said to prefer to stay in La Liga for now.
With that said, Villa manager Unai Emery is still looking for attacking reinforcements and has identified Henrique as a possible option. Henrique plays for Real Betis, and the report says he has a transfer value of around £20 million. The 22-year-old Brazilian signed for Betis last summer from Botafogo and has managed three goals, along with five assists in all competitions this season.
Villa’s recent surge in form under Emery has seen them drop out of the bottom three, but they are still keen to strengthen their forward options as they are just three points adrift of sixth-placed Brighton.
– Ayoze Perez is set to leave Leicester City, with a move to Real Betis imminent, according to Rudy Galetti. The report states that Betis have managed to resolve some of the transfer issues on the way, which has allowed a deal for Perez to be close. Perez has been linked with a move away from Leicester since the start of the transfer window, having lacked consistent game time this season.
– Tiemoue Bakayoko looks set to leave AC Milan and sign for Turkish club Adana Demirspor on a three-year deal, according to Calciomercato. The 28-year-old midfielder is nearing the end of his two-year loan at Milan, however, it is believed that his loan will end early to see him sign for the Super League side.
– Nottingham Forest are increasing their interest in the Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Keylor Navas following Dean Henderson’s injury, according to the Daily Mail. Henderson picked up a thigh injury in Forest’s clash with Leicester earlier in the month and it remains unclear when he will return. This is only said to have increased their interest in Navas, who is behind Gianluigi Donnarumma in the pecking order at PSG.
– THiago Silva has agreed a new deal with Chelsea, according to the Mirror. Silva’s current deal is set to expire at the end of the season, however, and Graham Potter is believed to be keen not to miss out on the experience the 38-year-old Brazilian offers.
– Southampton has turned its attention to Marseille Bamba Dieng after a disregard from Nicolas Jackson, according to Express. The report says the Saints are keen to bolster their attacking options and have earmarked Dieng as an option. They were thought to be interested in Jackson, however, and he now looks set to join AFC Bournemouth from Villarreal.