CKA, CKAD and CKS certificates are included in the Catalog of Recognized Overseas Professional Qualifications in Beijing Municipality (Version 2.0)
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 30, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — With the creation of an international science and technology innovation center and at least two business innovation centers (the National Integrated Center for Service Sector Opening and China (In Beijing) Pilot Free Trade Zone) there is an urgent need for technical experts both from within China and other countries to work in In Beijing.
Thus, In Beijing The government has added some credentials acceptable to prospective employers to its list of Honorable Overseas Qualifications in Beijing Municipality inviting people with these qualifications to stay and work In Beijing. Included in Edition 2.0 of the catalog are three Linux Foundation certifications: Certified Kubernetes Association (CKA); Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD); and Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS).
“Understanding Kubernetes is a requirement for developers working on cloud-native architectures, which is becoming commonplace. CKA, CKAD, and CKS certifications included In Beijing The Internationally Recognized Professional Qualifications Catalog is a big win for our professional community at Chinaand organizations that want to innovate and stay competitive,” he said Chris AniszczykCTO, Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
Persons who hold such qualifications and are accepted to work under this provision will enjoy several benefits:
- Workers with Chinese nationality can be included in the eligible application group In Beijing work-type residence permits.
- Workers from other countries can apply for multiple entry visas or residence permits with a validity period of no more than five years. Those who meet the relevant criteria can be included in the eligible group to enjoy the green lane in their application for permanent residence and can apply for port visas at the port visa departments of the public security agencies after the port visa policy is restarted for implementation.
- Foreign workers can apply for work permits without being restricted by educational background, educational qualifications, or work experience. The age limit can be extended to 65 years of age (or even 70 years of age for advanced, precision and complex industries). Those who meet the criteria for recognition of high-quality foreign talent (Category A) can apply for work permits valid for a period not exceeding five years.
- Overseas work experience of professional staff can be considered as their work experience China.
- Departments of industry, business and public institutions in In Beijing they are encouraged to provide support and assurance to professional staff in areas such as innovation and entrepreneurship, talent training, children’s education, social security, and talent assessment and rewards.
Clyde SeepersadSVP, and general manager of training and certification at the Linux Foundation had this to say about the installation: “Linux Foundation Training & Certification is proud to offer the gold standard of Cloud Native certifications including CKA, CKAD and CKS. We’re honored to have our included in the Beijing government’s list of Honorable Overseas Degrees.”
About the Cloud Native Computing Foundation
Cloud native computing enables organizations to build and deploy scalable applications with an open source software stack in public, private, and hybrid clouds. The Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) hosts key pieces of global technology infrastructure, including Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Envoy. CNCF brings together the industry’s top developers, end users, and vendors, and runs the largest open source developer conferences in the world. Supported by more than 800 members, including the world’s largest cloud computing and software companies, and more than 200 startups, CNCF is part of the non-profit Linux Foundation. For more information, please visit www.cncf.io.
About the Linux Foundation
Founded in 2000, the Linux Foundation is supported by more than 1,000 members and is the world’s leading home for collaboration on open source software, open standards, open data, and open hardware. The Linux Foundation’s projects are critical to the world’s infrastructure, including Linux, Kubernetes, Node.js, and more. The Linux Foundation’s approach focuses on using best practices and addressing the needs of donors, users, and solution providers to create sustainable models of open collaboration. For more information, please visit us at linuxfoundation.org. The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses the trademarks. For a list of The Linux Foundation’s trademarks, please see its trademark usage page: www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
The Linux Foundation
SOURCE The Linux Foundation