Application deadline: February 26, 2023
MEST Africa is pleased to announce that applications are now open MEST Training Program, Class of 2024! Get access to a world-class education Software development, business and communication skills from MEST Africa 12 Month Training Programme. Apply now to be part of the next class of innovative tech entrepreneurs!
MEST has confirmed that it will start a new cohort for its basic training programme August 2023. Applications are open December 12, 2022 and close February 26, 2023.
MEST training program
MEST offers 12 months of graduate level training to budding entrepreneurs across the African continent.
The entrepreneurship training program in entrepreneurship, communications and software development includes extensive hands-on project work, culminating in the final step and the opportunity to receive seed investment and grow businesses.
The successful world-class training program is conducted by an internationally recognized faculty. Our lecturers come from some of the best universities around the world. MEST also offers entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to be mentored by real-life entrepreneurs, CEOs and other leaders from around the world. Guest speakers have included CEOs of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch and many more.
Since its inception in 2008, MEST has invested over $25 million in training over 1,000 individual entrepreneurs and funded 80+ software companies across Africa. MEST entrepreneurs have developed solutions for local, regional and global markets, received additional funding from global investors and entered top accelerator programs such as Y Combinator, 500 Startups and TechStars.
- University or technical college degree or equivalent with at least two (2) years of corporate and start-up experience (preferred)
- Advanced skills in communication, business or software development (from scratch or acquired during the pre-study phase)
- Young people are passionate about technology and entrepreneurship, and about using technology to achieve business results
- Must be willing to undertake a full residential program for an entire year
- Disciplined, self-motivated self-starter who can work and complete tasks and projects – prove this by completing required pre-training courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate openly and confidently
- Ability to work well in a team, demonstrated academic or professional excellence
- Proven leadership abilities
- Confident and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
- The MEST training program is an intensive 12-month, full-time, fully sponsored program where a cohort known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EIT) completes a graduate-level course in software development, entrepreneurship and communications. focusing on practical implementation.
- The course ends with an offer from an investor, with the opportunity to receive seed funding and enter the MEST portfolio for business incubation.
- Major programming languages
- Web and mobile development
- Building culture-driven teams
- Business and revenue modeling
- Brand and communication
- Market research
- Product development and innovation
- Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Financial management and investments
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- Metrics and Measurements
- Sales and traction
- Preparation for investment
- Applications closed: February 26, 2023
- The program starts: August 2023
How to apply
Complete these pre-training courses:
- An enterprise design thinking practitioner
- Understand the basics of code
Note. When you complete your first course on the IBM Digital Nation Africa portal, you will receive instructions on how to create an account youraclaim.com. Once this is done, your badge will automatically be posted on Acclaim. You can get your profile link by clicking on your profile icon and selecting ‘view my profile’.
Please note that you must complete these courses, submit your profile link and upload your certificate by the application deadline.
Take an aptitude test
You must pass the knowledge test as your score will be required when completing the application form and will determine your progression to the next stage.
For more information:
Visit the official website of the MEST African Entrepreneurship Training Program 2024